Public Funding Sources: for NYS Livestock Slaughter and Processing Facilities - Webinar
January 27, 2022
6:30pm - 8:00pm
Online Webinar - Zoom
HostSouthwest New York Dairy, Livestock and Field Crops Program
email Dana Havas
Date: Thursday, January 27th
Time: 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Where: Online via Zoom
Cost of Attendance: Free
Register here: https://cornell.ca1.qualtrics.com/.../SV_6yVwJOXCZgS8NJc
Current and potential NYS livestock slaughter and processing business owners run and manage high-demand small businesses and often don't have the time, capacity, and/or know-how to find and apply for public funding sources. This limited capacity makes it difficult for members of this business community to take advantage of opportunities that arise which would help them gain access to vital funds that will ultimately improve our state's processing capacity.
In this webinar, we will cover topics that will help current and potential livestock slaughter and processing business owners and managers prepare for, identify, and apply for public funding sources.
Topics will include:
- What is needed to apply for and administer funding
- How to work with a grant writer and local economic development organizations on your application
- How to identify and access public funding sources, which will include a list of grants applicable to the NYS processing industry
- Gio Holmquist, Director of Industry Development; Agribusiness, Distribution Centers, Cyber & Homeland Security Empire State Development
- Myron Thurston, CCE Oneida Food Supply Chain Marketing Specialist
- Elizabeth Higgins, Ag Business Management/Production Economics Specialist with the regional Eastern NY Commercial Horticulture Program
Pre-registration is required by going to https://cornell.ca1.qualtrics.com/.../SV_6yVwJOXCZgS8NJc or by contacting Dana Havas at (607) 391-2664 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farm Asset Protection Strategies: Safeguarding Agricultural Legacies for Future Generations
November 14, 2023
November 17, 2023
November 20 - November 21, 2023November 29 - December 1, 2023
Join us for a workshop on farm asset protection to help you preserve long-standing agricultural legacies. In these uncertain times, safeguarding valuable farm assets has become paramount to ensure our farming communities' continued success and sustainability. Each participant will receive written materials and a flash drive containing various resources. Morning refreshments and lunch are included.
Value-Added Dairy Tour
March 13 - March 14, 2024
Pre-register now for our March 2024 Value-Added Dairy Tour!
Help Us Help You - SWNYDLFC Needs Assessment
TAKE SHORT SURVEY